This June, we are focused on reflecting and reviewing our accomplishments. This important practice is an important step in any developmental process—whether you are looking to improve your personal life or make positive changes professionally—your “personal appraisal process” or reflective practice should be in place.
This month, take time to review your achievements over the year and reflect on what you have achieved, learned, and what you would do differently in future. What could you tell your younger self at this moment one year ago? What would you like to tell yourself one year from today?
Here are a few simple ways you can create your reflective practice to help improve your development moving forward:
- Review your goals and make an honest assessment of your development.
- Write down how you feel about your goals, and if necessary, brainstorm on how you can tweak them to reflect where you really want to be.
- Reflect on your achievements. Even if you have not reached your goals, what have you managed to achieve?
- Review what you have learned. Keeping an open mind to absorb new information is important.
- Be a witness to your reflection and review. Make sure to keep an overall record of your achievements.
- Give yourself permission to celebrate. Let positive energy propel you into the next stage of achievements.
Feel the Love!